Deep-Dish Broccoli and Cheddar Pizza
Everyday Food, March 2013
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for pie plate
- 12 ounces pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1 1/4 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ounce thinly sliced soppressata
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with olive oil. Stretch dough to an 8-inch round, then press into bottom and up sides of plate. If dough springs back, let rest 5 minutes before continuing.
- Combine broccoli, soppressata, and red-pepper flakes.
- Top dough with 1/4 cup grated cheddar, broccoli mixture, then 1/4 cup grated cheddar and Parmesan.
- Drizzle pizza with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until cooked through and crust is crisp and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.