Deep-Dish Meatball Pizza
Everyday Food, March 2013
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for pie plate
- 12 ounces pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 4 ounces ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tablespoon plain dried breadcrumbs
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Three-Ingredient Marinara
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded whole-milk mozzarella (2 ounces)
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with olive oil. Stretch dough to an 8-inch round, then press into bottom and up sides of plate. If dough springs back, let rest 5 minutes before continuing.
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spread marinara over bottom of dough, then top with half of each cheese. Crumble meat mixture over dough. Top with remaining cheese.
- Drizzle pizza with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until cooked through and crust is crisp and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with basil. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.