- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup lightly packed unsprayed chamomile flowers, picked over, gently submerged in water, and drained on paper towels
- 9 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons clover honey
- Combine milk and cream in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and stir in chamomile. Cover mixture and let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together yolks, sugar, and salt in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Uncover milk mixture and bring to a bare simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and gradually pour 1 cup milk mixture into yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Add remaining milk mixture all at once, whisking until just combined. Let stand until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl set in a larger bowl of ice water. Stir in honey and let stand, stirring occasionally, until cold, about 15 minutes.
- Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in freezer up to 1 week.