Chocolate Wafer Cookie Crust
Yield Makes crust for two 10-inch cheesecakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla; beat to combine. With the mixer on low speed, add flour mixture, and beat to combine, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Press dough into 10-inch springform pan as instructed in Raspberry-Swirl Cheesecake recipe.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.