- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 apricots, halved and pitted
- 8 teaspoons fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Preheat broiler. Place sugar in a small saucer. Dip cut side of apricots in sugar to coat and transfer to a small broilerproof baking dish. Broil, rotating once, until apricots are caramelized and juicy, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove apricots from oven. Let cool slightly and top with ricotta and pistachios. Serve immediately.
Heat Meets Sweet
Apricots are full of heart-healthy beta-carotene. Caramelizing them under the broiler makes their flavor and aroma even more complex.