Dilled Deviled Eggs and Spice-and-Salt Bloody Mary
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Yield Makes 16 eggs and 4 cocktails
Dilled Deviled Eggs
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Salt-and-Spice Bloody Mary
- 2 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 ounce cornichon brine
- 4 finely minced pepperoncini
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces vodka, divided
- Cornichon, pepperoncini, lemon wedge, and celery stalk for garnish
- Deviled eggs: Peel eggs and halve lengthwise. Remove yolks, leaving whites intact, and add to a small bowl. Mix in mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, dill, and salt. Mash with a fork until smooth. Pipe or spoon yolk mixture into whites. Sprinkle with additional dill just before serving.
- Bloody Mary: Fill a pitcher with tomato juice. Stir in cornichon brine, minced pepperoncini, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Fill 4 glasses with ice, add 1 1/2 ounces vodka to each, and top with tomato juice mixture. Garnish with cornichon, pepperoncini, lemon wedge, and celery stalk.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.