Red Easter Eggs (for Bread)
Martha Stewart Living, April 2013
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Yield Makes 10
- 10 large brown eggs
- 6 cups water, plus more for boiling eggs
- 1 ounce red food coloring
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- Place eggs in a large pot, cover with 2 inches of water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover pot and remove from heat. Let stand 7 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and let stand until chilled, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Pour the 6 cups water into a large bowl. Stir in food coloring and vinegar until combined. Add eggs and let stand until deep red, about 2 hours. Lightly rinse eggs under running water and let dry on a paper towel-lined plate.
Use immediately or refrigerate up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.