Linked Bead Necklace
Photography: GENTL & HYERS
Martha Stewart Living, March 2013
- Cut the chain in the middle, and take out one link with the wire cutter. Set it aside.
- Prepare a piece of wire that's roughly the length of your bead, then add an additional 2 inches.
- Follow the illustrations below to create a linked bead.
- Repeat the process on the other end of the wire, looping and coiling the remainder and ensuring both coils are roughly the same size.
- Use jump rings to attach the linked bead to the chain, or use the cut chain links and solder to close.
- Premade gold-filled chain with clasp
- Small wire cutter
- Thin gold-filled wire, 22-gauge or thinner
- Bead (shown: Herkimer diamond)
- Small rounded needle-nose pliers
- 2 small gold-filled jump rings, or a soldering tool
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.