Pork with Tangy Citrus Sauce
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3 oranges
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (from 4 limes) plus wedges for serving
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 pound total)
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sugar (optional)
- Finely grate zest from one orange into a small bowl, then squeeze 1 cup juice from oranges. Stir in lime juice. Set aside.
- Season pork with salt and pepper, then press in flour to coat, shaking off excess. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high until shimmering. Add pork and cook until golden brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining tablespoon oil. Add onion, season with salt, and cook, scraping up browned bits, until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add juices and zest and bring to a boil and cook until reduced by 1/4 about 3 minutes. Stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar, if desired. Return pork to pan and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.