Asian Shrimp Salad
Photography: Anson Smart
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 small jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves washed and separated
- In a large, straight-sided skillet, bring 2 inches of water to a simmer. Add shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Remove peel and pith from oranges and, working over a medium bowl, carefully cut between membranes, letting segments drop into bowl. Add carrots, lime juice, and jicama. Let sit for a few minutes. Mix in oil, sriracha, fish sauce, salt, and sugar. Adjust salt, sugar, and lime juice to taste. Stir in shrimp and cilantro. Serve on lettuce.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.