Photography: chris court
Martha Stewart Living, March 2013
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin, cut crosswise into 6 slices
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt-packed capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups arugula, tough stems trimmed
- Pound pork slices to 3/8 inch thick, season with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Transfer to a wire rack, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat, and then add 1 tablespoon butter and melt, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Add 3 pork slices in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until both sides are golden brown and pork is cooked through, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to a serving platter and loosely cover with foil. Repeat.
- Add capers and herbs and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, just until fragrant, less than 30 seconds. Add wine and cook until reduced by half. Stir in remaining tablespoon butter and pour sauce over pork. Add arugula to platter and drizzle with oil.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.