Peanut Butter and Cherry Drop Cookies
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Martha Stewart Living, March 2013
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes + cooling
Yield Makes 36
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, using a mixer, beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy, 4 minutes. Add vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Mix in cherries.
- Drop dough in 2-tablespoon-size balls on parchment-lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are golden around the edges but still soft in the center, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on sheets 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.