Wild Herb Ravioli
Egg-roll wrappers make these a snap to prepare.
Photography: David Malosh
Martha Stewart Living, March 2013
- Prep Time 40 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 6
Yield Makes 36 ravioli
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 ounces chickweed or spinach, stems removed (2 cups)
- 1 ounce deadnettle or henbit tops, including flowers, or spinach, stems removed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 ounce wild garlic greens or chives, cut into 1/2- to 1-inch lengths (3/4 cup), plus more for garnish
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces ricotta cheese (1/4 cup)
- 2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan (1/2 cup), plus more for sprinkling
- 18 egg-roll wrappers (about 8 inches square)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chickweed, deadnettle, and wild garlic greens and cook until bright green and softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in ricotta and Parmesan with a rubber spatula. Let cool.
- Place 9 wrappers on a work surface. On each wrapper, mound 4 separate teaspoonfuls of filling in a grid 2 inches from edges. Dip a finger in water and trace a circle around each mound of filling. Place remaining 9 wrappers on top; press to seal. Cut out 36 ravioli with a 2-inch ring cutter.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add oil. Cook ravioli until al dente, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well. Serve topped with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and a sprinkling of Parmesan and garlic greens.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.