Crispy Ranch "Fried" Chicken
Photography: Anson Smart
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup Panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 pound)
- Salad greens, for serving
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, stir together panko and oil. Spread in an even layer, and bake until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate, wipe sheet, and fit with a wire rack.
- On a separate plate, combine yogurt, thyme, garlic, pinch of cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Coat chicken with yogurt mixture then coat with breadcrumbs, pressing lightly to adhere. Shake off excess and place on rack. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 17 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Let cool 5 minutes. Slice and serve over salad greens.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.