Charmed Costumes: Spider Shades
Photography: Maura McEvoy
Martha Stewart Living, October 2007
- Start with an inexpensive pair of round, black-rimmed sunglasses. Photocopy our spiderweb template to fit lenses; secure template behind one lens with tape.
- Trace web onto lens with a fine-tipped white paint pen. Remove template; let dry. Repeat on other lens.
- For legs, use small scissors to trim the fuzz on both ends of four black pipe cleaners, as pictured, so ends come to a point; cut each pipe cleaner in half.
- Attach pipe cleaner halves to back of frames with hot glue. Allow enough room around hinges for glasses to open normally. Bend pipe cleaners to resemble spider legs.
- Black-rimmed sunglasses
- Spiderweb template
- Fine-tipped white paint pen
- Small scissors
- Black pipe cleaners
- Hot glue
Slip into something outrageous, if only for a night. You needn't be disguised from head to toe: one mischievous piece is enough to get you in the spirit of the evening.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.