Black Silk Flower Wreath
This once upon a midnight dreary wreath was created with materials from a crafts store, then sprayed it a raven hue and accented with a silky taffeta ribbon.
Martha Stewart Living, Volume 143 October 2005
- Remove stems from roses, then attach blooms to wreath form with a hot-glue gun.
- Lay wreath on a piece of newspaper in a well-ventilated area, and spray with black floral spray. Let dry for 30 minutes.
- Cut about 54 inches of ribbon, and make a large bow; affix it to top of wreath with glue gun.
- To hang, cut a second piece of ribbon to the desired length. Use tacks to fasten one end to the back of the wreath form and the other to the door stile.
- 25 to 30 four-inch silk roses
- 16-inch wooden wreath form
- Hot-glue gun
- Black floral spray
- Black taffeta ribbon
- Flat thumb tacks
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.