If making both Pink Heart Sandwich Cookies and the Chocolate Heart Sandwich Cookies, just double this recipe.
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Martha Stewart Living, February 2013
- Prep Time 6 minutes
- Total Time 6 minutes
Yield Makes 1 1/4 cups, enough to fill about 60 sandwich cookies of various sizes
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk, if needed
- Beat butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low, and gradually add sugars, beating until thoroughly combined. Beat in vanilla. If filling is too thick to spread, beat in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until spreadable.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.