Roasted Pork Loin with Potatoes and Greens
Everyday Food, December 2012
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, trimmed and tied
- Salt and pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes, halved if larger
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stems and tough ribs removed, cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 ounces baby spinach (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Season pork with salt and place on a rimmed baking sheet along with garlic. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 145 degrees, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil; let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- In a medium pot, cover potatoes with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 13 minutes. Add kale and cook until kale is wilted and potatoes are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Add spinach, lemon juice, and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Peel roast garlic cloves and add to potato mixture. Serve with pork.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.