Bias Tape Crafts: Beautify the Bath
Fashion meets function in this easy-to-make, customizable fabric trim.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2007
- Cut off towel's hems.
- Using a 2-inch bias-tape maker, create two strips of fabric that span the width of the towel, allowing 1/2 inch on each end for finishing.
- Use the one-step binding method to attach trim, beginning and ending with a fold-over finish. Topstitch ends closed 1/8 inch from folded edge.
- Using scissors or shears, cut two 8-inch-wide strips of fabric on the bias that span the width of the towel, allowing 1/2 inch on each end for finishing.
- Fold raw edges of fabric so they meet in the center back, and press with an iron to create single-fold bias tape. Fold in half lengthwise again, and press.
- Continue as with hand towel.
- Hand Towel
- Bath Towel
- 2 inch bias tape and tape maker
A patterned trim can tie together almost any assortment of colored towels.
Learn Bias Tape Basics before you start.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.