- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 2 cups shredded chicken from Roast Spatchcocked Lemon Chicken
- Roast lemons, shallots, and pan juices from Roast Spatchcocked Lemon Chicken
- Coarsely chopped fresh dill, for garnish
- Bring rice, water, lemon zest, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir once, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer until rice is cooked and water evaporates, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
- Bring stock to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in rice, chicken, lemons, shallots, and pan juices, and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among 4 to 6 bowls, and season with lemon juice and dill.
Tangs a Lot
You'll never just squeeze a lemon again when you taste the levels of flavor roasted lemon slices bring to this chicken-and-rice soup.