Martha Stewart Living, January 2013
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
Yield Makes 16 toasts
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 pound chanterelle or other fragrant mushrooms, ends trimmed, stalks and caps cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices white Pullman bread, crusts removed and bread toasted and cut into 1-by-3-inch strips
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add cream, a little at a time, and cook, stirring, until cream coats the back of a spoon and mushrooms are thoroughly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon onto toasts, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.