Grilled Cheese with Bacon, Apple, and Sprouts
There's nothing like a grilled-cheese-and-bacon sandwich. When you add slices of crisp apple and fresh-tasting sprouts to balance the richness, why, you have yourself a new instant classic.
Photography: Jen Causey
Martha Stewart Living, January 2013
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 1
- 2 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices rye or sourdough bread
- 2 strips bacon, cooked
- 3 thin slices Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup assorted sprouts, such as radish or adzuki
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened, divided
- Place 1 slice of cheese on 1 slice of bread. Layer bacon, apple, sprouts, and remaining slices of cheese and bread on top.
- Spread half the butter on top of sandwich. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, and place sandwich, butter side down, in skillet.
- Spread remaining butter on top of sandwich. Cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown, flipping once, about 12 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.