Cutout Cookie Dough
Use our clever no-frosting technique for christmas cookies that will surprise and delight everyone on your list.
Everyday Food, December 2012
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for work surface
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Green, red, and yellow food coloring
- Whisk together flour and salt. In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until pale and fluffy, 4 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, and beat until combined. Tint dough by mixing in food coloring: For trees, tint two-thirds the dough green; tint some of remaining dough red and some yellow; leave some plain. Divide green dough into 2 disks. Individually wrap all dough in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 3 days).
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.