Crostini with Ricotta and Red-Onion Jam
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Everyday Food, December 2012
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 thinly sliced medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups whole-milk ricotta
- 20 crostini
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, red onion, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium-low, stirring every 10 minutes, until onion is soft and slightly caramelized, 30 minutes. Add wine and vinegar and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick and glossy, about 20 minutes. Let onion jam cool to room temperature (or cover and refrigerate, up to 3 days; bring to room temperature before using). Divide ricotta among crostini and top with onion jam.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.