For great results, finish cooking pasta in the sauce, adding a little pasta water.
Everyday Food, December 2012
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, pureed
- 4 ounces diced bacon
- 3/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and garlic over medium until fragrant. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Add bacon and red-pepper flakes; cook until bacon is crisp, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with 3/4 pound cooked pasta topped with Pecorino Romano.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.