- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook brussels sprouts until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium; add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- With a large slotted spoon, transfer sprouts to skillet. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in pot, cook tortellini according to package instructions, then drain. Toss tortellini with vegetables and divide among bowls. Top with lemon zest and juice.
With tortellini in the freezer, you always have the base of a great dinner. Try them with your favorite sauce or add to soup.