Spicy Shrimp-and-Broccoli Stir-Fry
With such a short list of ingredients, each one counts. The Asian chili-garlic sauce here adds deep, complex flavor -- not just heat. Look for jars of it in the international aisle.
Everyday Food, December 2012
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp (26 to 30), peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, gently pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Heat a wok or large skillet over high. Remove pan from heat and carefully add 2 tablespoons oil and broccoli. Return to heat and cook, undisturbed, until crisp-tender and browned in spots, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons oil and shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add chili-garlic sauce and remaining tablespoon oil, and toss to coat. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons water to thin, if necessary. Serve with rice.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.