Flourless Chocolate-Coconut Drops
These speedy treats are a great option for your friends or family who avoid gluten.
Everyday Food, December 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes + cooling
- Yield Makes 2 dozen
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (5 ounces)
- 1 cup roughly chopped toasted almonds
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, with racks in middle and lower thirds. In a large bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips, almonds, and coconut. Add egg whites and stir until combined (do not overmix).
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until tops are dry and cracked, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.
Store in airtight containers, up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.