Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- 12 waffle cones (2 to 2 1/2 inches wide and 4 to 5 inches long)
- 12 cupcakes, baked and cooled
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Shredded sweetened coconut
- Green gel paste food coloring
- Cupcake topper (optional)
- Use a serrated knife to trim point of each cone to create a small opening; set aside. If necessary, use the serrated knife to trim top of each cupcake to create a flat surface. Place a dab of frosting on top of each cupcake, and spread to cover. Dip the top of each cupcake into coconut to cover completely.
- Mix together remaining frosting with green gel paste until desired green shade is reached. Transfer green frosting to a large pastry bag fitted with a small star tip. Working with one cone at a time, pipe a bead of frosting around open end of cone and position open-end down onto a cupcake to resemble a "tree." Repeat process with remaining cupcakes and cones.
- Pipe remaining frosting decoratively all over trees until cones are completely covered. Trees can be refrigerated, uncovered, for up to 6 hours. Before serving, insert a cupcake topper into the opening of each cupcake cone, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.