Perfect BLT Sandwich
Photography: DAVID M. RUSSELL
Martha Stewart's Cooking School, Episode 107
- 2 slices white sandwich bread, toasted
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 to 2 romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 to 4 basil leaves
- 2 slices thickly cut bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup Homemade Mayonnaise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Spread one side of one slice of toast with butter. Arrange lettuce on top, along with tomato and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Top with bacon. Spread remaining slice of toast with mayonnaise; place mayonnaise side down to form a sandwich and cut on the diagonal. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.