- 1 quart homemade yogurt or store-bought plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, or more to taste
- Carrots and endive, trimmed, for crudites
- Baguette slices, for serving
- Fold a large piece of cheesecloth twice to form a 4-layer, roughly 18-inch square. Place in a sieve set over a large bowl, and spoon yogurt into center. Gathering the 4 corners, tie a piece of kitchen twine just above yogurt to form a tight bundle. Let yogurt (still in sieve over bowl) drain in refrigerator at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Cut open cheesecloth. Transfer yogurt cheese to a bowl; set whey aside for another use. Stir chives, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper into yogurt cheese. Serve with crudites and bread.
Turn yogurt into a soft, Boursin-like spread by draining it to thicken and then adding garlic and fresh herbs.