Blender Hollandaise Sauce
This easy-to-make version of hollandaise sauce eliminates the laborious task of whisking egg yolks -- the blender does all the work.
Martha Stewart's Cooking School, Episode 102
Yield Makes about 1/2 cup
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat and let cool slightly.
- Add egg yolks to the jar of a blender. While the motor is running, slowly pour in the melted butter. When all of the butter has been added, season with lemon juice, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Blend to combine. The sauce should be thick but still able to drizzle from a spoon (and it should form a pool, not a mound). If it is too thick, thin it with a little water.
- The sauce is best if used immediately but can sit for about 30 minutes over hot water in a bain-marie or in a Thermos.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.