- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound minute steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded provolone (4 ounces)
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion and bell peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add remaining teaspoon oil to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add steak, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, heat evaporated milk and Dijon over medium until hot. Remove from heat and whisk in provolone until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide steak and vegetables among rolls and drizzle with sauce.
No need to head to Philly when you're craving a cheesesteak. This weeknight version comes together in less time than it takes to wait in line at one of the city's famous sandwich shops.