- 3/4 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime zest plus 1 tablespoon juice
- In a medium saucepan, bring cranberries, brown sugar, cloves, and 1/3 cup water to a rapid simmer over medium. Cook until berries burst and mixture becomes syrupy, 10 minutes. Stir in cayenne and lime zest and juice. Season with salt. Serve at room temperature.
Make sauce up to three days ahead and refrigerate. Before serving, thin sauce with up to 1/4 cup water, if necessary.