- 2 cups wild rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, diced medium
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1-2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium. Add celery, onion, garlic, and jalapeno and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl. Add rice, pepitas, raisins, broth, and coriander. Stir to combine and transfer to a 9-inch square baking dish. Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes. Drizzle with vinegar and serve.
Inside or Out
Use this in place of a bread stuffing when roasting a stuffed turkey, or serve on the side as directed.