Spicy Shrimp and Brussels Sprout Stir-Fry
Everyday Food, November 2012
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small green chile, such as Thai, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp (41 to 50), peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high. In 2 batches, saute brussels sprouts until tender, 5 minutes total; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a platter. Add bean sprouts to pan and cook until heated through, 1 minute; add to platter.
- Wipe out pan, add remaining tablespoon vegetable oil, and return to heat. Add garlic, chile, and scallion whites and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and saute until opaque throughout, about 4 minutes. Add to platter, drizzle with sesame oil, top with scallion greens, and toss. Serve with lime wedges.
A food processor makes fast work of shredding sprouts. Or, do it by hand with a sharp knife.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.