Sweet Potato-Coconut Casserole
Everyday Food, November 2012
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Yield Serves 8
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarse salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest plus 2 teaspoons juice
- 1 1/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large pot, cover sweet potatoes with cold salted water by 1 inch and bring to a boil. Reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and let sit 5 minutes, then transfer to a food processor and process until smooth. Add coconut milk and lime zest and juice; process until combined. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish. Top with marshmallows and coconut and bake until toasted and golden, about 15 minutes.
It may look like a traditional sweet potato casserole at first glance, but this version gets richness from coconut milk instead of cream, and brightness from fresh lime juice.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.