Lemony Pasta with Goat Cheese and Spinach
This is one of the quickest, most efficient suppers on the planet. Creamy goat cheese makes its own sauce, but it needs the fresh brightness of lemon to really pop.
Everyday Food, November 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound spaghettini or spaghetti
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 10 ounces baby spinach (10 cups)
- 3 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 2 cups pasta water, then drain.
- In pot, stir together goat cheese and 1 cup pasta water over medium. Add pasta, spinach, parsley, cilantro, lemon zest and juice, and more pasta water if necessary to create a light sauce that coats pasta; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with walnuts and serve.
This dish has a double dose of lemon: Juice adds tartness, while zest contributes a softer, more floral flavor.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.