- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1 1/4 cups cranberries, partially thawed if frozen
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Stir together cranberries and 2 tablespoons sugar. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 3/4 cup sugar. In a small bowl, whisk together milk and egg, then whisk in butter. Whisk milk mixture into flour mixture until combined.
- Pour batter into skillet and scatter cranberries on top. Bake until center springs back when lightly touched, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving (or let sit at room temperature, up to 8 hours).
Let cool for 15 minutes before serving (or let sit at room temperature for up to 8 hours).