Smoky Chicken Tacos
The secret to a great taco is contrast in texture -- here, crunchy coleslaw mix (another time-saver) partners well with tender chicken and soft tortillas.
Everyday Food, October 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3/4 pound frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped seeded chipotle in adobo
- Salt and pepper
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook chicken tenders according to package instructions. Meanwhile, combine coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, lime juice, and chipotle; season with salt and pepper.
- Top each tortilla with chicken, slaw, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
For flavorful charred spots, warm tortillas over the flame of a gas burner, flipping often.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.