Chicken Noodle Soup
Everyday Food, October 2012
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, diced small
- 2 medium carrots, diced medium
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces vermicelli or angel-hair pasta, broken into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add celery, carrots, and onion and cook until celery and carrots are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add broth and 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Add chicken, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. With tongs, remove chicken and chop or shred into bite-size pieces. Add pasta to pot and cook until tender, about 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper. To serve, stir in chicken and dill.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.