Buttermilk Roast Chicken
Everyday Food, October 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes + marinating
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 1/2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Coarse salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, buttermilk, zest, dill, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours (or up to 24 hours).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Roast chicken on a rimmed baking sheet until cooked through, about 25 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.