Panna Cotta with Roasted Grapes
Martha Stewart Living, October 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 5 hours 25 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped and pod reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 8 ounces seedless red grapes
- Place cream and vanilla seeds and pod in a small pot, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Turn off heat, cover, and let steep 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over water in a small bowl; let soften 5 minutes. Whisk softened gelatin mixture and sugar into cream mixture until sugar dissolves. Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl. Let cool until lukewarm, stirring occasionally. Stir in buttermilk, then pour into a shallow 1-quart baking dish or ceramic pie plate. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place grapes on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, and roast until just bursting, about 10 minutes. Transfer grapes to a wide, shallow bowl, and let cool. Serve panna cotta topped with grapes and any accumulated juices from the bowl.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.