Cinnamon Caramel Corn
Photography: Nick & Chloe
Martha Stewart Living, October 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
Yield Makes 12 cups
- 12 cups popped popcorn (from 1/2 cup kernels)
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place popcorn in a large bowl. Melt butter in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon, food coloring, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Raise heat; bring to a boil (do not stir). Cook until syrup reaches 245 degrees to 250 degrees (firm-ball stage) on a candy thermometer, 2 to 4 minutes. Add caramel to popcorn; stir to coat.
- Spread mixture on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until crisp, about 45 minutes, stirring twice. Remove from oven, and immediately sprinkle with remaining salt. Let cool, then break into clusters.
Caramel corn can be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.