Pulled Pork Tacos
Quick-pickled red onions cut through the richness of pork. To make, toss some thinly sliced red onion with red-wine vinegar and let sit until softened, about 15 minutes.
Everyday Food, September 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Yield Serves 6 to 8
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Corn tortillas, pickled red onions, sour cream, cilantro leaves, and lime wedges, for serving
- Combine garlic, oregano, cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss with pork and place in a 6-quart pressure cooker. Add 1/4 cup water and secure lid. Bring to high pressure over medium-high heat; reduce heat and cook until meat is fork tender, about 40 minutes (adjust heat to maintain pressure). Remove from heat, vent pressure, and remove lid. Using two forks, shred pork and serve with tortillas and desired toppings.
To get the basics on pressure cookers, click here.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.