- 1 pound dried cannellini beans
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 large bunch escarole, roughly chopped
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- 8 chicken-apple sausages (about 1 pound)
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a 6-quart pressure cooker, cover beans by 2 inches water, bring to a boil, and remove from heat. Let soak 30 minutes. Drain beans and return to pressure cooker. Add broth, garlic, and red-pepper flakes; season with salt. Secure lid. Bring to high pressure over medium-high heat; reduce heat and cook until beans are tender, 20 to 22 minutes (adjust heat to maintain pressure). Remove from heat, vent pressure, and remove lid. Stir in escarole.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan to high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Grill sausages until browned, about 12 minutes; let rest 5 minutes, then slice. Serve soup topped with sausages and Parmesan.
To get the basics on pressure cookers, click here