- 1/4 small pineapple, diced medium (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 yellow beefsteak tomatoes, diced medium
- 1/2 habanero chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Stir together pineapple, tomatoes, and chile. Season to taste with lime juice and salt, then top with basil. To store, refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Golden-hued tomatoes have a milder, less acidic flavor than ruby-red ones, making them perfect in this fruity relish. If you are unable to find yellow beefsteak tomatoes, regular red beefsteak ones or even small yellow pear tomatoes would be delicious.
In the video, Sarah serves this relish with grilled pork chops. You'll need 4 pork shoulder or rib chops (8 ounces each and 1/2 inch thick). Heat grill or grill pan to high. Clean and lightly oil hot grates. Season pork with salt and pepper. Grill pork just until cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.