- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar (3 ounces)
- 8 brioche slider or dinner rolls
- Bibb lettuce, tomato, ketchup, and mustard, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with oil and arrange in a single layer. Bake on top rack until tender, about 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Season with salt.
- Meanwhile, form turkey into 8 small patties and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Bake on bottom rack until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Place cheese on burgers, return to oven, and bake until cheese is melted, 1 minute. Serve sliders on brioche with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, and mustard, alongside potatoes.
Cook's NoteSmall Jobs for Kitchen Helpers
All that mud-pie practice pays off; just remember to wash up after forming patties.