- 4 boneless trout fillets (1 pound total), patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup fine cornmeal
- 3/4 cup full-fat plain yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, 1/2 juiced and 1/2 cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Place cornmeal in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon yogurt on flesh side of each fillet. Press yogurt side of fillets into cornmeal to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add 2 fillets to pan, skin side down, and cook until skin is crisp and golden, about 3 minutes; flip and cook until golden brown, 3 minutes more. Transfer fish to paper towels to drain, wipe pan clean, and repeat with remaining oil and fish, reducing heat if necessary.
- Combine lemon juice, 1/4 cup dill, and remaining 1/2 cup yogurt. Combine cucumber, radishes, and remaining dill. Season dressing and salad with salt and pepper. Serve alongside fish with lemon wedges.
Yogurt helps the cornmeal adhere and gives the mild fish a pleasant tang. When eating, watch out for small pin bones, which often remain even in boneless fillets.