Spicy Pickled Green Beans
Photography: Johnny Miller
Everyday Food, September 2012
- 3/4 pound trimmed green beans
- 4 thinly sliced cloves garlic
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 dried red chiles
- Arrange green beans and garlic in clean glass jars. In a saucepan, bring vinegar, salt, peppercorns, sugar, and chiles to a boil. Carefully pour mixture into jars, secure lids, and let cool to room temperature.
Pickles can be refrigerated, up to 1 month.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.